Enjoy our latest – this one is a music video!
HAPPY AND SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
Our mission always will be to create happy and satisfied heating and cooling customers, whether homeowners or residential contractors. It’s a tall order that includes:
- Listening and responding to your needs quickly and courteously
- Delivering name brand products backed by manufacturers’ warranties
- Servicing and installing equipment correctly, with attention to details
- Continuously improving our skills and knowledge of the industry
- Assisting with maintenance plans and energy rebates
- Treating customers as we would want to be treated
- Building relationships within the community
Our parents taught us to share our blessings and talents with others. Habitat for Humanity – We’ve partnered with the organization, donating and installing furnaces and air conditioners in more than 10 Habitat homes.
- True Friends (formerly “Friendship Ventures”) – Camp Courage, Camp Friendship, Camp Courage North – We’ve donated furnace and air conditioner services for over 10 years.
- Area churches – St. Joseph’s in Waite Park, St. Lawrence in Duelm, St. Mary’s in St. Augusta, and St. Wendelin’s in Luxemburg as well as St. Wendelin’s School. We’ve donated services.
- Local community events – We provide sponsorship and gifts to support our community.
Like many businesses, ours began quietly. In 1989, cousins Dennis Harren and Dan Salzbrun began building utility trailers and offering specialty welding, heating and cooling in a two-stall garage in St. Cloud as “H&S Welding, Heating and Air Conditioning.” The small business consisted of the two men and two pick-up trucks. “H&S” represented their last names. The men gained reputations for being hardworking, honest, and down-to-earth, and since they did good work, customers came.
More customers meant they needed more room. So, H&S moved in 1992 to a machine shop in Luxemburg, replacing the trucks with a utility van and changing the slogan to “Happy and Satisfied.”
We’re happy to say that by 1997 the heating and cooling business was expanding. Again, we needed more work and inventory space, and garage space to house our growing fleet of vehicles. So, we built an additional shop. And as business increased, various family members grew up to work in the business.
Jeremy got his start sweeping the shop floor and organizing the tools and inventory. His parents “taught me everything I know,” mentoring his HVAC apprenticeship and journeyman process. By 2010, Jeremy had learned enough to manage the business. He gained a Master Certificate of Competency in HVAC from the City of St. Cloud and was also certified by the North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Jeremy and his wife Emily bought the residential side of the business from his parents in 2012. Their company is called, “H&S Heating and Air Conditioning Residential & Service, LLC.”
PREFERRED HEATING AND COOLING SERVICE PROVIDER
Today, Jeremy and Emily have a vision for their company––to make H&S Heating and Air Conditioning the preferred choice of homeowners and residential contractors throughout Central Minnesota.
“We take pride in what we do,” says Jeremy. “Every day we’re building relationships with many great homeowners and contractors who appreciate our open, honest way of doing business and our know-how. Many satisfied customers have spread the word about our company, which has had a positive impact on our growth. Emily and I thank you for that.”
Their enterprise now operates six cube vans and maintains a sizeable inventory of tools, parts, and equipment. Staff has grown to 16––fabricator, service and sales technicians, installation technicians, office staff, and Jeremy and Emily. Our staff is hired and selected to be helpful and skilled. As a company, H&S Heating and Air Conditioning is committed to on-going education, continuous quality improvement, and staying current with innovations in the HVAC industry.
LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Customers benefit from our networking, which facilitates building contractor partnerships and increases our knowledge base.
- St. Cloud Area Chamber
- Business Networking International (BNI)
- Builders Association of Minnesota
- Biz to Biz International
- Central Minnesota Builders’ Association
- National Association of Home Builders
SERVICE & REPAIR
We offer 24-hour emergency service, with no overtime charges. Our fully stocked trucks with thousands of specialty parts and materials on board are ready to serve you and fix your heating or air conditioner problem on the first call. And when your family’s health, safety, and comfort are involved, that means peace of mind. Quality service is important to our clients, and our goal is to ensure that your needs are completely met for any heating or air conditioning issues that arise.