INDOOR AIR QUALITY
BREATHE EASIER WITH INDOOR AIR QUALITY (IAQ) TECHNOLOGY.
Do you know we Americans spend 90% of their time indoors, 69% of that time in our own homes? The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has done the studies, which also reveal that 97% of homes have indoor air quality issues. Who knew that your “home sweet home” could be hazardous to health? Well, H&S Heating and Air Conditioning can help improve the air quality of your home, so you’ll be happy and satisfied.
INDOOR AIR POLLUTANTS AFFECT YOU.
We breathe and touch organic materials and chemicals that cause us headaches, dizziness, vomiting, nausea, coughs, skin rashes, eye/nose-throat irritation, worsen asthma symptoms, and lung cancer. Here are the culprits, which come from combustion sources (fireplaces, wood stoves, space heaters, chimneys), carpets, building materials, household cleaners, furnishings, central heating and cooling systems, and outdoor pollution.
Air pollutants that can affect your health:
- Particulates – dust, soil, ash, pollen, smoke
- Bio-aerosols – mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria, viruses, pet dander
- Gases – carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, VCO’s (volatile organic compounds)
AIR FILTRATION, PURIFICATION, AND VENTILATION IMPROVE IAQ.
You can defend yourself and your family from indoor air pollution with our help.
- Change filters. Change the furnace filters yourself, or have us do it for you. Simply schedule a yearly maintenance check-up, and we’ll keep you on the calendar.
- Clean your furnace and air conditioner. This equipment cannot work at its optimum when it’s full of gunk and debris. Plus, it spews out into the air various contaminants. So, schedule a cleaning with us. It will improve IAQ and save wear and tear on your equipment.
- Clean furnace ducts. (That’s “ducts,” not “ducks”!) Let us round up all those pesky dust balls from the supply, intake, and return ducts throughout your home. We use two systems depending on the situation – the Hypervac mobile air duct cleaning system, easily the most powerful suction system we’ve worked with – and the Rotobrush™ Air Duct Cleaning System which can be used on any type of duct, even flex ducts.
H & S Duct Cleaning Services:
- Patented process and equipment
- Rotating brush loosens buildup, scrubs duct walls
- Vacuum sucks up debris
- Sanitize the system
- Cost depend upon home size, duct number and configuration
- Clean the clothes dryer vent. Cleaning will reduce the amount of fabric dust released into the air. Here’s another PLUS … Each year, more than 15,000 fires are caused by dust and debris in the clothes dryer vent, according to the U.S. Product Safety Commission. Dust and debris in the drier vent reduces air flow, backs up exhaust gases, and often, causes heat, which can spark a fire. We have the proper tools to do the job for you.
- Use a Breath Clean UV Light Total Home Purifier. When used in conjunction with a filtration system, UV lights can kill some (not all) bacteria and molds that develop on the indoor coil of HVAC units, a dark and moist environment. We can install the lamp inside of your unit to zap those nasty microorganisms, improving your sleep, reducing sinus congestion, and helps stop the spread of colds and flu.
RUUD UV GERMICIDAL LAMP
Installs into your furnace’s ductwork
- Plugs in to a standard electrical outlet
- Easily maintained
- Safe and environmentally friendly
- Install a Ruud Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) unit. This equipment maintains a flow of low-velocity fresh air to the inside of the house while exhausting stale indoor air to the outdoors through the use of mechanical fans. It is also known as an air-to-air heat exchanger. Every two to three months, the filters can be washed. Twice a year, the outside air intakes can be cleaned. The center core should be cleaned once a year.
- Invest in a humidifier. Honeywell humidifiers balance the moisture levels in your home to prevent damage to your woodwork and wooden floors. When it comes to IAQ, a humidifier can provide proper moisture control to your home. Humidified air feels warmer, you can turn the thermostat down for savings on your energy bill. Proper humidification helps you and the family to be more comfortable and happy.
- Installs into the central heating/cooling system
- Fills itself when connected to a water supply
- Cleans itself automatically
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Reduces heating bills
- Change-out your old heating and cooling system. Your furnace and air conditioning units can be real workhorses, pushing out hot and cool air year-after-year. Contaminants cause them to work harder. At some point, this equipment gets tired, even with normal wear, and cannot operate efficiently. In fact, it is estimated that modern equipment operates up to 60% more efficiently than equipment manufactured 10 years ago! Our professional technicians can perform a change-out for you, providing an upgrade to CLEAN equipment to improve IAQ and produce energy savings.
SERVICE & REPAIR
We offer 24-hour emergency service, with no overtime charges. Our fully stocked trucks with thousands of specialty parts and materials on board are ready to serve you and fix your heating or air conditioner problem on the first call. And when your family’s health, safety, and comfort are involved, that means peace of mind. Quality service is important to our clients, and our goal is to ensure that your needs are completely met for any heating or air conditioning issues that arise.