If you’re handy with equipment, you can help maintain your systems throughout the year.
- Change the furnace’s air filter every 30 days. Call us for your filter needs, or stop by the shop.
- Clean your Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) of dust, pet dander and hair, carpet fibers, etc., every two to three months. The unit must be unplugged and shut down every three months by you, or it will shut itself down.
- Change your humidifier pad. Perform regular, routine maintenance by checking the pad monthly and changing it when it’s gummed up.
BENEFIT BY MAINTAINING YOUR HEATING, COOLING, AND VENTILATION SYSTEMS
We’ve already given you the word on the money you could save on repairs with regular maintenance. But money isn’t everything! Here are additional benefits:
- Better air quality
- Extended equipment life
- Lower utility bills
- Optimum efficiency
PURCHASE AN EXTENDED SERVICE AGREEMENT
Most heating and cooling equipment manufacturers provide a 5-year warranty on parts. (Certain limitations apply.) The Extended Service Agreement Ruud offers covers only Ruud new equipment––furnaces, A/C, heat pumps––installed by H&S Heating and Air Conditioning. These are covered for up to 10 years for mechanical component failure, parts, and labor. (Certain limitations apply.) Questions? Give us a call.
Items not covered by an Extended Service Agreement:
- Preventive maintenance
- Equipment cleaning
- Acts of God (manmade or natural disaster)
- False alarms
- Damage other than a mechanical component failure